Updates from the 3.24.2020 Council Meeting
Last night the Borough Council passed some very important matters for our residents and guests. Highlights are below:
- There is an extended and updated Mayoral Declaration of State of Emergency
- The date is extended until 4/20/20
- All Borough facilities, including the Civic Center, Community Room, Ball Fields, Dek Hockey Rink, Tennis Court, Basketball Court, Playground, Park/Stadium Restrooms, and Stadium Field (Including the walking track), are closed to all individuals until 4/20/20.
- The Borough will not use water service termination as a method of collecting delinquent sewage balances until at least 6/1/2020.
- The Borough elected to extend the deadline for real estate taxes (the discount period will run until 6/30/20 instead of 4/30/20).
- Council agreed to offer a conditional offer of employment to Police Officer Candiate Ian Malone.